Sunday, July 3, 2011

Friendship Blessings

As promised, I have been meaning to post the card that I created and taught at our last unit meeting. The card was pretty easy to make and incorporated a bunch of different techniques. I used the Friendship Blessings stamp set, which is one of my all-time favorites. The flower was stamped on chocolate paper and embossed with silver pearl embossing powder. Then I stamped the flower again on white cardstock. The white flower and the leaves were colored using the water brush and CTMH ink. Once they were colored, I set them aside to dry. Then I random stamped the background on the chocolate cardstock using chocolate ink. The border along the side is a kraft, color ready border with ribbon threaded through the holes. I then cut out the colored flower and leaves and glued them over the flower that was stamped on chocolate cardstock. The flower looked better when I glued it off-set instead of exactly over the original flower. I added a mocha opaque pearl to the center of of the flower to finish it off. The card is super cute and can be used for any occasion!

No comments: