Tuesday, July 12, 2011

California Day 2

Well, today was a little bit more low-key than yesterday (which is just fine with me)! Because my knee is still sore from the surgery, I decided to stay away from the parks today. My roommate and some other dear friends were set to arrive around noon, so I decided to hang around the hotel to wait for them to arrive.

I had my cereal breakfast in my room, watched a little TV, then showered and headed out for a little while. I took some time to walk around the hotel grounds to see what is all around us. I took a few pictures and then visited the hotel gift shops. When I came out of the gift shop, several of my PA friends were arriving at the hotel. We spent some time catching up, and before I knew it, my roommate and our friends arrived! I hung around with them while they checked-in and then we headed to our rooms.

Once they were settled, we exchanged roomie gifts! Roomie gifts are a CTMH tradition, and my friends never disappoint! This year, I got tons of great gifts! We also decided this year to include a few "virtual roomies." These are some friends who are not in our rooms with us, but are close friends that we wanted to share in this tradition. In all, there are six of us exchanging gifts.

The Mickey ears are from my upline, Nancy. I'm sure we will be wearing those a lot this week. (When I get home, they will be great for Crazy Hat day at school!) The ring was made by my roommate, Crystal. She used CTMH buttons to make this great accessory. She also made another ring with a CTMH mesh flower (not pictured). Jean made us all a gorgeous charm bracelet. Stacey made an adorable tag book filled with Disney quotes. The necklace with the cute little guy hanging from it was my gift to the others. That cute little guy is called Sticky Boy and he is well known in the CTMH community!

After we finished with our gift exchange, we headed to lunch. Since my friends were famished from their flights, we headed to Downtown Disney and I took them to the Rainforest Cafe, since in knew exactly how to get there from yesterday. We got a great table in the back of the restaurant, and it felt like we had the place all to ourselves. We had a blast and got some super fun souvenir pictures taken for the scrapbooks!

Right now, we are back in the room, deciding how we are going to attack the next day. Enjoy the pictures I'm sharing that recap what I've shared above. Hang in there for more updates!

No comments: