Monday, January 28, 2013

Resolutions and New Starts

Hey there! Remember me?!? I know it's been ages since I've last posted here. I have a lot of different directions I could go with this post. I can apologize and make excuses. I could tell you all of the reasons I haven't posted since last July (YIKES!) but I am not going to do that. I've decided that starting with this year, I no longer want to look backward, rather look forward.

Like most of you, I decided to make a New Year's Resolution. Of course, I always say that I want to make healthier choices, lose weight, and exercise more (which I still am working hard to do), but I really wanted to make a resolution this year that I thought I actually had a chance to keep. So...my resolution deals with all of you and with this blog...

This year, I resolve to commit myself to at least four blog posts a month. (I find that this is rather convenient today, since there are only four days left in January!) I refuse to let this one fail before the month of January is over! I have been taking photos and have been squeezing in some craft time over the past few months. Now, I just need to take the time to post what I've been doing. I am hoping that once I create a 'blogging habit' that more than four posts will be posted each month.

So...here goes nothing!!!

This first post for January is my 2012 Christmas Card. I made 80 of these little guys and I was worried that this would end up being the first year my cards didn't get finished in time for Christmas since I started making my own cards in 2002. I started with CTMH die-cut cards. I just LOVE the scroll design pre-cut into the bottom of the card! I used the CTMH paper pack called Pear and Partridge. I also used the October 2012 CTMH stamp of the month Very Merry Christmas. I stamped the image three times on the ornament shape after it was cut with the Cricut Artiste Cartridge. Then I folded each ornament in half and glued them together to create the three dimensional ornament. I added Cranberry Baker's Twine for the ribbon on top, and some bitty sparkles on each ornament for some bling! The finishing touch was the addition of Silver Shimmer Tape on the inside of the card. This peeks through the bottom of the card and really did a nice job finishing off the card.

I hope you enjoy this first post, and that you keep coming back for more! (Don't be afraid to email or message me if you feel like I'm slacking!) Sometimes, I need that extra push to keep on top of my goals!


No comments: