Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Convention Layouts

At the Saturday make-and-take session of the CTMH Convention, we made these incredible layouts. I love this new Magnifique paper pack, and was so excited to see that we would be using it for our project. These layouts use our new, larger sized, flip-flaps. I love when scrapbook layouts have an element of surprise, and these layouts absolutely do have that! In addition to using my favorite paper, and the flip-flaps, these layouts also included some of my favorite accessories. Our new Mocha Opaques are adhesive backed pearls in three shades of brown (love them!!). We also used antiqued copper Foundry Flourishes. I think these are my most favorite accessory from the new catalog. I've included a close-up picture of these elements below. You can also click on any photo to get a better look at the layouts. (Please forgive the dark photos...I didn't use the flash because it left a glare on the pages). The combination of all these items make for some stunning layouts!

In addition to the Magnifique paper and the accessories mentioned above, these layouts also used the new stamp set D1438 - Circle of Love. We also used the new ink colors Lagoon and Pear.

I started adding photos to the layouts on Saturday, but decided to stop because I don't have any of the new cardstock colors yet. I prefer to mount my photos on colored cardstock, so I have to wait a until next week to finish adding pictures. The pictures I plan to use are from a friend's family trip to Discovery Cove in Florida. The colors work perfectly with this paper, and I can't wait to see how they look on the finished layouts.

Left Layout (closed)
















 Left Layout (open)
















Right Layout (closed)
















Right Layout (open)





















Accessory Close-Up

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wasn't Convention just awesome? I didn't want it to end! It was great meeting you as well along with many other CTMH sisters!
I have actually added photos to both of my layouts but haven't quite completed the finishing touches yet. I'll post them soon.