Friday, July 25, 2014

Graduation Card with Copics

A few weeks ago, I attended Copic Certification classes in Philadelphia with my CTMH BFF, Crystal. We spent two jam-packed days learning how to use and blend with Copic Markers, along with many other fun techniques. We have both had Copics for years, but never really learned how to use them properly. I'm so glad we took the time to attend these classes. Cindy Lawrence was our instructor, and we learned so much from her! Ever since that weekend, I've been so busy that I really haven't had much of a chance to play with my new skills. Well...that chance finally came today!

Today I want to share a graduation card for a party I'm attending tomorrow. I used this adorable hedgehog stamp from Penny Black called "A Scholar." All of the products are Close to my Heart with the exception of the stamp and the circle Nestabilities dies. The paper is all from a pack called Dream Pop, but I'm sad to say it is no longer available. (I'm desperately trying to use up some of my stash before buying more paper!) I used Bronze Shimmer trim and Brown Glitter Paper to add some bling on the right side of the card. The flower is from the Chantilly Assortment set. I just love the paper I added to the inside of the card as well. It's light enough that I can write a message, but added just the right amount of fun. As always, you can click on any image for a closer look!













































I used MANY Copics to color this image. The B colors were used for the sky. I used the E colors on the hedgehog. The G colors were used for the grass, and the W colors were used on the graduation hat. The red and yellow were accents colors for the star and the ribbon.


















I decided to use this week's Mojo Monday sketch as the layout for this card. It is such a fun layout and I loved playing along with the challenge!


1 comment:

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a sweet card Jolene. Love the cute image and the fantastic coloring.