Friday, March 29, 2013

Card for a Co-worker

I am blessed to have some pretty awesome co-workers! One in particular has been invaluable this year to myself and my niece, who also teaches third grade with me. We decided that we wanted to do something special for him to thank him for all he's done this year to help us, and to keep us all on track. This is my first year teaching third grade in a while, and I came into a classroom with no files left behind. I know that if I didn't have him helping us, I would have been lost for the first half of the year!

This card was made just for him, and was presented to him with a small token of our appreciation for all he does. It was created using the Dakota paper pack from CMTH. The image is a pre-colored image from Fred She Said Designs, called "Nolan with a sign." The card is embellished with black sparkles in each corner, and silver glitter paper to add a little something extra. There is a hand-stitched design in black embroidery floss around the edge of the card. Enjoy!


2 comments:

graver4 said...

Very nice, Jolene!

Crystal said...

Between you and Nancy I'm encouraged to try stitching. I'm sure your coworker appreciated the gesture!