Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Paper Bag Project

Well...school has officially started, and my blogging has taken a back seat. (((sigh))) I have had these pictures in my computer for a few weeks and just never had the chance to write a post because I was too busy getting ready for school.

Back in early August, we had a unit meeting and I was asked to teach a project to the rest of the group. I had seen something similar to this the week before and I just had to re-create it. I figured this meeting was the perfect opportunity to do that!

This is made from a small brown paper bag. With a fold and a few simple cuts, you can create this unique card. When it is opened, the top half and the bottom half both have pockets that you can insert a note, gift cards, money, candy, or just about anything small that you can think to add!

All of the stamped images are cut with the new CTMH Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge, and then stamped with our coordinating stamp sets. I used the Olivia paper pack on this project. Even the flourish on the front was cut with the Cricut cartridge. The flourish is embellished with mini opaque mocha pearls. I used antique copper brads for the flower centers, the lower pocket, and to hold the pleats in the ribbon. As always, click on each photo for a closer look! 

Front cover

Inside of bag (opened)



2 comments:

Crystal said...

Jolene, Happy New School Year! This is a great project. Wish I could have joined you, maybe next time. :)

Stephanie Marie Brown said...

Hi Jolene! Your card came out beautiful! What a neat idea to use the paper bag to give you the look of the kraft paper and create those cool pockets! I love that chunky ribbon folded too! I am so happy I finally got my cable, phone and Internet back a little while ago! It has been a rough week without the Internet at home or work! Miss you! :)