Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Crystal's Birthday Card

I'm back and I have a super cute card I want to share! Last month was my CTMH BFF, Crystal's birthday, and it is tradition that she gets a handmade card. (I mean...I really can't give a store bought card to someone who is also a paper crafter like me, now can I?!?)

Last summer, Crystal and I attended a two day workshop to become certified Copic marker instructors. We really didn't do it because we wanted to teach, only because we wanted to learn techniques for using our markers to the best of their ability since they were a BIG investment. We had a ton of fun, and learned so much from the incredible instructor Cindy Lawrence. Unfortunately, once school started up in the fall, there was little time to play. Although I'm a little rusty, I broke out the markers for this card, and I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. (I liked it so much, it was tough to put it in the mail...haha!)

Anyway, this card uses a digital stamp image called "Happy Bee Day" by Tiddly Inks. (I just love their adorable images!) The paper pack I used is called Hopscotch from Close to my Heart. Unfortunately, the paper is no longer available because it has sold out :-( In order to add a little something extra, I used a clear Wink of Stella glitter pen on the girl's wings and headband, as well as the bee to make him shimmer. I used some foam tape to give the bee and the sentiment some dimension. For the finishing touches, I used Bronze Shimmer Trim and a few gems from the Brown & Tan Sparkles Assortment, all from Close to my Heart. Hope you like the card as much as I do :)








8 comments:

Raluca Vezeteu said...

Such a cutie!!! Love your card! The papers are yummy and your coloring is awesome! Thanks for joining us over at Tiddly Inks! Hugs xx

JanR said...

Sweet card! Great layout! Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks.

Loopylou. said...

oh this is sweetness hunny! so pleased you got some time to colour her up. Thank you so much for playing along with the tiddly inkers
Hugs Lou xxx

Crystal said...

So glad you did part with it. I loved receiving this beautiful work of art in the mail. :)

Buttercup said...

Your card is BEE-utiful!!! Thank You so much for joining us at Tiddly Inks!!! :)

JANINE QUINN MIDDLESBROUGH, UK said...

This is such a cute card and beautifully coloured It's just perfect for our 'Anything Goes' challenge this week. Thank you for sharing and joining in with the fun at Tiddly Inks this week and good luck. Hugs Janine xx

Unknown said...

Love your use of patterned paper here, such a cute card :) Thanks for joining the Tiddly Inks Challenge

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

This is gorgeous. Just love her rusty hair! Thank you so much for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Tiddly Inks. Good Luck. x