Thursday, July 17, 2014

Babycakes Name Frames

A few years ago, I started making these baby name frames as gifts for my co-workers whenever they had a new addition join their families. As more people in my work family received these gifts over the years, others started asking questions about how to get me to make more. I still make them for gifts at work, but I also make them for other people to give as gifts too. They are a huge hit, and are relatively easy to make!

This one was made for my niece to give as a gift to twins that were born on her husband's side of the family. They feature the Babycakes paper pack and matching canvas complements. (Aren't they adorable?!?) Click on the image for a closer look! Each square piece is matted to 2" and the inside piece is 1 3/4" square. The letters are cut on my Cricut and then I cover the letter with Bonding Memories Glue and Martha Stewart Glitter. The frame is 11" x 14"and the artwork measures 8 1/2" x 11". It needs to be placed outside of the matted area in order to fit. Sometimes I place elements on the outside of the frame for a little bit of added dimension. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are adorable! I'm going to make one for my niece!!