Friday, February 8, 2013

Music Card

I made this card a while back, but it's still one of my all-time favorites. As soon as I saw the music stamps, I knew I had to make a card with them. You see, I have been a trumpet player since I was in fifth grade (which means I've been doing it for almost 30 years...yikes!) and I fell in love with that stamp! I just love the combination of the silhouette image, with the music notes and swirls in the bottom of the image.

I can't remember the exact measurements, but I started with a large square. (I think it was around 8 or 9 inches.) Then I scored triangles in each of the four corners to make the flaps.

This card features the Avonlea paper pack and two stamp sets with slate ink. The corners were stamped with the August Stamp of the Month, Baroque Borders. The trumpet player and the inside were both stamped with the Sweet Music Stamp Set. I embellished the card with sparkles (clear, black, and black flourishes), a slate button, and baker's twine. Enjoy!
 

No comments: