Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Studio J Layout #2 of 5

As promised, here is my second Studio J Layout that I completed with my five free layouts from CTMH. For this layout, we used an interesting technique. This paper actually features the Mischief paper packet, which is a Halloween pack. The unique thing about using Studio J as opposed to traditional paper, is that you can change the colors to meet your needs. If I hadn't told you, I'm sure you would have never known that this is Halloween paper! We also changed stickease that was a piece of wrapped candy, and with a bit of cropping and rotating, created the cupcake papers. The cherry on top of each cupcake is a brad, with a staple for the stem. So cute!!!

I originally struggled to find pictures to match this layout. I really don't have birthday pictures or pictures of little girls, and I wasn't sure what photos to use. After spending some time looking through pictures from events at school, I came across these photos from our Annual Pie in the Face contest. The students raise money for the American Cancer Society to see a teacher get a Pie in the Face. It's a great way to end our Olympic Day festivities, and the students get so excited to see this happen every year.

Once I get the printed copies of this layout, I plan to frame it and give it to this teacher as a memento from that day. The four girls in the photos with her are her nieces. They had the honor of 'delivering' the pies. What fun!


No comments: